Wednesday 28 October 2009

October 28th 2009

Whoops, bit of a non-starter there. Will try to be more regular, promise.
Today's workout:

Front squats:
3 @ 75kg
3 @ 80kg
3 @ 82.5kg - new 3RM cool.gif

Finished with:
Row 500m
30 burpees
10 shoulder-to overhead anyhow @ 65kg
6:24

Been doing my PhD for about a month now, and it's gone super-fast. The one thing that's really surprised me is how they treat you - it's very much "book an appointment with me in a month's time, and let's look at your results then." So you're basically on your own to get on with things - quite a change from being an undergrad. I guess the idea of teaching you to become an independent researcher is almost the opposite of micro-managing you. Am I enjoying it? Kind of. I'm certainly immersing myself in a fascinating subject, but I think I'm being impatient and want results now. Sadly culturing bacteria takes patience and planning, so I'll just have to wait to change the face of nutritional science.

No comments:

Post a Comment